It takes a lot to pull off an amazing event, and even one to a few mistakes can ruin it. This is why it’s important to hire an event planner with spectacular quality and expertise. Having said this, a recent article included 15 steps to take when looking for the right event planner, and there are as follows:
- Defining the objective for the event- this is more important than considering the event’s budget.
- Determine why you are hiring an event planner- ask yourself why do you need an event company to assist you.
- Calculate your budget
- Research the qualifications of the event planner- don’t just go on word of mouth. And even though the competition with event planning companies in NYC is fierce, it’s still imperative to ensure they are perfect fit for you and your event.
- Check with professional affiliations, such as the International Special Events Society, the Meeting Professionals International (local or national chapter), and the Association of Wedding Professionals.
- Check with hotels and local chambers of commerce.
- Interview the three event planners who are the most qualified.
- Give the details of the event to test in a discussion with them how they will handle the event.
- Try to meet the planner in person.
- Check their references.
- Narrow down to one event planner and listen to his/her ideas.
- The total budget of the event planner must be presented.
- Check the fine print and negotiate the terms.
- Work closely with him/her and confirm details.
- Have a replacement for hiring for the event planning ready, just in case.
About Twenty Three Layers
Found in 2012, Twenty Three Layers are full-service event planners in NYC that specialize in event planning, production, and design. With their keen focus, creativity, design, and professionalism, they have already gain some of the most coveted relationships with some of the world’s most exclusive establishments. Their staff has several years of expertise in this field. And with seasoned knowledge, they have proven that they can and will deliver perfection in the best and latest trends in décor, food, and entertainment. Working with them will help create top notch celebrations, weddings, corporate events, charitable functions, and galas.